CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dog Birthday Dinner and Rawhide Dog Bone



Two Dog Birthday's today! For blog reviewers Pierre and Daisy. They are litter mates and Pierre lives with me and Daisy lives with my mom. Pierre and Daisy's mom, Dixie (R.I.P) belonged to my sister. We keep it all in the family!


For Pierre's Dog Birthday Dinner he will be having Three Dog Bakery Chicken and Vegetable meal which we will review tomorrow. He also received a large rawhide bone for his dog birthday gift.


A quick review and rating of the rawhide bone. It does not matter what brand it is to Pierre he loves them all the same. He is a stealth chewer and can have one chewed in a day. His favorite thing to do with them is to get one chewed in half. Then he brings it to me and drops it in front of our cats bowl. This means he wants some wet cat food spooned into the inside of the knot at the end of the bone. Yes, cat food. My dog loves wet cat food and Daisy too, both definitely love it. I don't think Daisy gets it at all since her family cat eats only dry food. When Daisy has come to visit Pierre she does get to have some cat food. I think my cat, Chloe, figures what is for her is for him and what is for him is for her, as I have seen her go over to his big bowl of kibble and start munching down! Anyway, back to the rawhide bone. It is a good idea too to smear some peanut butter on the bone if cat food is not in your house!


I have also learned that when Pierre has really got the bone soggy from chewing on it I can unroll it a bit and put peanut butter or cat food in between and roll it back together. Oh and we have a nickname for our cat which is Smoochie, so her food is called Smoochie food and so the bone with smoochie food is called a Smoochie taco. I know, I am weird! But that is how it goes in Pierre's house that my cat Chloe and I share with him. It's Pierre's world and we are just livin' it. We will review the birthday dinner tomorrow.


Rawhide Bone Any Brand Review and Rating:

4 paws and tail wagging with peanut butter or wet cat food as a topping

4 paws and lots of fun just as it is - bone.


By the way, from my experience, chewing on rawhide bones has kept Pierre's teeth and gums very clean. Pierre's vet. Dr. Sue always comments on how wonderfully healthy his teeth and gums, especially for his age. She encourages me to keep giving him rawhides.


Word of Caution: Always supervise and or be around when your dog is chewing on a bone because they could possibly chew a piece too big and try to swallow it and choke.


Happy Birthday Pierre and Daisy I hope you are with us another 7 years and another 7 years. Love you both fur-ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment