CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Canine Carry-Outs Dog Treat Review: By Mr. Houla


Mr. Houla received a bag of Canine Carry-Outs this past weekend and his final review of the treat is 2 out of 4 paws and a wagging tail. Which translates to so-so, and definitely perfers the homemade all natural treats. Here is what went down with Mr. Houla and his reactions.

When I was visiting Mr. Houla and his family I purchased these treats for him on whim at Walmart. Because he had eaten all his homemade snacks (recipes listed below) and I really did not have the time to whip up a batch of treats for him. He patiently sat there waiting as I opened the bag to give him one. Instead of grabbing it and eating it immediately he first looked at it, sniffed it in my hand and then paw*sed (paused) before gingerly taking it. He then carried it over across the floor and dropped it and sniffed it more. Then he started to eat it and he spit it out. He looked at me with a look of "what in world is this?" I went over and crumbled it up thinking maybe the slick texture of the raw steak like piece was unappealing. By crumbling it up he then ate it. Five minutes later, up it came, thankfully on the kitchen tile and not the carpet. Otherwise, I world have been in BIG trouble for giving him such a nasty treat! And of course I would be cleaning the carpet.

A few days later, I phoned Mr. Houla's human mom, and asked if she would test the treat again before I added his final review. Again, he was not too thrilled with the treat. But, finally did eat it and without further vomiting. Thank God! He is a dog though and they mostly will eat anything ... most of the time. After this final try of the Canine Carry Outs his final review is: So-So. In his own words, that I have received from him through psychic communication! "Maybe, if it is the last available treat and I have not eaten in a day or so...but really, next time, don't bother carrying home any Canine Carry Out Treats for me." Speak to my tail-end 'cause I am walking away now!
By the way, after some research on Canine Carry Outs, I saw many reviews that many dogs, especially, bigger dogs love this treat. However, it is not the best healthy treat and would be likened to us humans eating chips or french fries! Be wise if your dog does love this treat and give it sparingly. Just as we don't eat junk food everyday neither should our pets.

Any treat or dog food you decide to give your dog should NOT include these top 3 HORRIBLE ingredients: Corn, Wheat or Soy. Actually, these ingredients are bad for cats too and should not be fed to either of you fur babies. These ingredients can cause a multitude of bad conditions in pets such as: bad breath, blindness, cancer, cushing disease, dental disease, early pet death, hot spots on skin, seizures, weight gain... to name a few. Please research your cat and dog food and snacks always to make sure you are feeding them healthy things. Also, stay away from foods that say they have meat-by-products in the ingredient's..eeww yuck! Just look it up and see for yourself.

Canine Carry Outs
Final Review and Rating: 2 Paws
out of a possible best of 4 paws (and a wagging tail)
Canine Carry Outs come in a variety of flavors and are found at your local pet stores and in pet food/treat aisle of grocery stores. And although they are not a favorite for Mr. Houla, many, many other dogs love them and eat them often.

3 comments:

  1. fantasomolistic....the tricky triskuts elves give you an A+

    They they have baked some special treats and would like to send them to Mr. houla,Daisy and Angel for the seal of approval test.

    you can contact them at
    Trickytriskuts@gmail.com
    or via
    http://trickytriskuts.webs.com
    Wendy (elve manager)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws Up Thanks a Bunch Trick Triskuts! We all would ruv, ruv, ruv to test and review your treats! We will be sniffin you out by email thanks again.
    Mr. Houla, Daisy, Angel and Pierre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feed your dog these treats my neighbor gave them to my dog he had a horrible reaction to it and now has what I think is a yeast infection but will soon find out at the vet$$$ I always read the ingredients to anything I give my dog and did not check these! Wish I would have

    ReplyDelete